If hell is anything like Houston heat, then I’m all for making Heaven!
Those were my thoughts while spending winter in Houston last year. Everyday felt like summer and on the few “chilly” days where people were decked in full winter gear – gloves, hats, scarves – I’d laugh and stare down at what I was wearing, usually a sweater/jacket and a pair of flats or loafers. My boots resurfaced less than 5 times.
I missed Winter, terribly. Now that I have a second chance at it, I’ll present to you what was supposed to be my Fall Lookbook – turned Winter Lookbook. I meant to create this post in August, but I worried because it won’t be as poetic as last year’s Fall story was. What was I going to say about my penchant for only one color? But month after month since August, I haven’t gravitated towards much else apart from trusty Gray. Instead, I have since filled my closet with lots of gray items and it was only then that I knew this love is real. My last outfit post should have revealed this. 😉
So while gray is muted, calm and everything serene, color ought to exist in our closets too. On those few occasions, let’s go with rust / burnt orange. My Thanksgiving Looks 2 & 3 dutifully chronicled this. See, I practice what I style! 🙂 Please note that the items in the first 2 looks The first 2 looks are from old sets so they are probably sold out.
Brunchin’: Oh you Fancy? So fancy you had to mess up the gray scale with color. Dark, rich hue means you did it right!
- Nerdy Chic: “I’m sorry, what did you say again?”…”I thought so!”
- Amicable Boss : Won’t you love to see your boss take all the chill-pills in the world and dress like this to work one day? Perhaps you should lead by example and show her the way. Tell her #Memkohmademedoit 😀 Dress: SheInside \ Shoes: Pre-owned Christian Louboutin (via Tradesy) \ Bag: Marni Trunk (via Matches Fashion) \ Phone Case: Otterbox (via C21Stores.com)
- Classy Étudiante: Being a student doesn’t have to be so boring. Loose the sweatpants for a day and see how this look is a sure confidence boost. Black boots would work too, for a much-needed contrast.
- Sporty Chic: Even if you don’t work out, this look is a must! (note to self as well).
- Cuteness Overload: Fun graphics on your clothing can go a long way to bring tons of smiles to people walking past you. It’s a cheat tip to spread love this holiday season (and beyond, please). Look at that pom-pom beanie! *melts*
- Boss Chic: It’s great to be a boss and even better to be chic while at it.
- Understated Elegance: It really doesn’t take much. 4/5 items and you’re out of the house in no time! Thank me later 🙂
- Glam Fairy: In the spirit of the Christmas Holidays and with New Year’s Eve around the corner, I think gray and rose gold make an AMAZING out-of-this-world combination. It’s definitely a lot less noisy than the red, green combos and sparkly, furry looks out there (granted, this look has a bit of glow in it).
- Lady About Town: I decided to add a twist to the previous look. I’m really curious as to how a gray and bronze lookbook sounds. I might be up for it, who knows? But one thing is certain: I love the unique color combination. Coat: WearAll \ Top: Pinterest find \ Skirt: DKNY (via Net-a-Porter) \ Shoes: Jimmy Choo \ Bag: Nastydress.com \ Watch: Movado (via belk.com)
If you had a favorite look, you should let me know 🙂 Thank you so much for viewing this post.
– Your Personal Shopper & Stylist, Memkoh